This can be said of Buyers Agent Portland as well. A Realtors’® search begins online as well.
When searching for homes for sale in Portland here are a few tips.
For Your Internet Search:
- Don’t discount a property just because the photos are lousy
- Realize that some listing agents aren’t exactly Ansel Adams
- Photos of property for sale in Portland that are taken on a cloudy day DO NOT look as nice had those same photos been taken on a sunny day
- The listing agent may not take enough photos of the living room, or the kitchen or other rooms a Buyer might want more views of. If the home is intriguing, view it with your agent.
- Some homes are more photogenic then others. While some Portland homes for sale may look stunning in the photo, rooms sizes, floor-plans and layouts may not be accurately depicted
- Some homes might not be photogenic at all. “Designer Colors” on walls can appear very bright, or overpowering in photos. Could be a distraction . . . but don’t let it be
- Listing agent takes photos of exterior with shadows, or interiors without proper lighting. These types of things can make a property appear smaller, or darker than it really is
- Photos of the home may be taken in the height of summer when the flowers are all blooming nicely, the trees are full of leafs, the grass is sparkling green. Touring it in the dormant seasons of late-fall or winter might make the property seem less vibrant
When You Physically Tour a Property
- Plan on the physical tour to be your reality check. Photos are great, video tours, virtual tours as well. But there is nothing more practical when looking at homes for sale in Portland Metro real estate market then to schedule a tour and physically inspect the property
- Try to look passed the Sellers’ stuff. There may be an “over abundance” of stuff stored in the garage, or spare rooms, or on the kitchen counters. Too much of the Sellers’ stuff can make a home feel too cluttered. Too much clutter makes the feel of the home seem smaller then it might actually be.
- Try to envision the dark wine colored kitchen walls repainted with a lighter color. Kitchens may actually feel smaller when they are painted with dark colors.
- Vacant homes might have been pictured WITH furniture, especially a distress property sale. Owners may have moved out and the lovely floor runner in the hallway is gone and it now looks barren
- Vacant homes may be in need of a lawn mow and weed pull. The flowers beds that were so well-tended in the photos are now in search of a new green thumb.
Buyers Know What They Want
I’ve represented clients who could see passed the cluttered kitchens, the “Glamour Shot” photos, the glaring paint, the clutter. I’ve been out with clients and was also surprised that the bright, blue wall in the kitchen really wasn’t so bad after all.
The point is to let the photos give you a sense of the property. But keep your options open. The more property you see, the more likely it will be that you are going to find a home for sale that you want to call home.
Homes for Sale in Portland
$1,995,000 : 1464 SW Vista AVE, Portland3 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
$375,000 : 15724 E Burnside ST, Portland3 beds, 2 full baths
$835,000 : 872 SW Trillium LN, Portland3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$3,975,000 : 1960 SW 16th AVE, Portland5 beds, 5 full, 2 part baths
$290,000 : 422 NE 114th AVE, Portland4 beds, 2 full baths
$290,000 : 12405 SE Schiller ST, Portland3 beds, 1 full bath
$3,300,000 : MLS # 14355252 in Portland5 beds, 6 full, 1 part baths
$449,000 : 15042 SE Powell BLVD, Portland4 beds, 1 full bath
$1,790,000 : 1740 SW Hawthorne TER, Portland4 beds, 4 full, 1 part baths
$849,000 : 731 NW Macleay BLVD, Portland3 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
$205,000 : 4515 NE 84th AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 full baths
$299,900 : 10439 E Burnside ST, Portland5 beds, 1 full bath
$2,150,000 : 3923 NW Lewis LN, Portland8 beds, 6 full, 4 part baths
$1,885,000 : 4072 SW Lowell LN, Portland4 beds, 4 full, 1 part baths
$625,000 : 2909 NE Fremont ST, Portland3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
See all Real estate in the city of Portland.
(all data current as of 7/27/2015)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Buyers Agent Portland – Buyer Focused ~~ Buyer Results
Buyers Agent Portland, LLC is an Exclusive Buyer Agency serving the Portland Metro real estate market since 1999. The brokerage only represents Home Buyers and never home sellers. If you’re looking for a home anywhere in the Portland Metro area, there is no better representation than an Exclusive Buyers Agent. We assist investors, folks relocating to Portland area, those moving to Portland in-state, home buyers who are looking to down-size or move-up and of course . . . love working with first-time buyers. I help Buyers in the Portland Metro market find exactly what they need in the Tri-County markets of Clackamas County, Multnomah County and Washington County, as well Portland cities including but not limited to:
- Beaverton homes for sale
- Tigard homes for sale
- Hillsboro homes for sale
- Lake Oswego homes for sale
- Portland homes for sale
When you’re ready, talk to an Exclusive Buyers Agent.
Exclusive Buyers Agents do not work at real estate brokerages that take listings!
An EBA’s fiduciary duty is: 100% BUYER REPRESENTATION . . . 100% of the Time.
Carla Muss-Jacobs, Principal Broker/Owner
Buyers Agent Portland LLC
Buyers Agent Portland ~~ 100% BUYER REPRESENTATION . . . 100% of the Time
All rights reserved©