Moving to Portland Oregon 2017
Are you moving to Portland Oregon 2017? Not to be confused with moving to Portland Maine, this is a very brief overview the Portland Metro area.
There is so much to offer in the Portland Metro area, too many things to consider. But, I’ve captured of few. If you’re thinking of moving to Portland Oregon 2017, hope this helps. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions you may have.
Facts to know prior to Moving to Portland Oregon 2017
Area Growth and Economy
BREAKING NEWS — July 2016
Study: Oregon No. 2 Fasest Growing Economy Oregon is one of the fastest growing economies in the Nation!
- GDP growth: 4.7 percent
- Real 2011 GDP: $186.228 billion (25th highest)
- Population change: +0.87 percent (16th highest)
- Pct. increase in employment: 1.0 percent (tied-21st highest)
Oregon’s GDP growth between 2010 and 2015 was nearly three times that of the U.S. economy. The state’s durable goods manufacturing industry was the second-fastest growing sector in the nation in 2011 at a rate of 3.94 percent, almost 20 percent of Oregon’s economic growth. High-tech companies such as Intel Corp., which employs about 26,300 in Portland, dominate the durable goods manufacturing industry. This can be attributed to a reverse offshoring trend that is occurring partially as a result of defects, delays and theft in overseas supply chain locations. Study: Oregon No. 2 Fastest Growing Economy
Moving to Portland Oregon 2017
You might want to check out the homes there are for sale in the areas:
$265,000 : 1744 NW 143rd AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$260,000 : 111 SW Harrison ST, Unit 4A, Portland1 bed, 1 full bath
$420,000 : 3015 SW Flower TER, Portland3 beds, 2 full baths
$455,000 : 725 N Buffalo ST, Portland3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$539,900 : 4941 NE 14th PL, Portland4 beds, 1 full, 1 half baths
$680,000 : 3808 SW Mount Adams DR, Portland3 beds, 3 full baths
$379,900 : 1002 NE Lija LOOP, Portland4 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$265,000 : 7702 N Columbia BLVD, Portland3 beds, 1 full bath
$459,900 : 7676 SE Martins ST, Portland4 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths
$305,000 : 1903 NE Weidler ST, Unit 1, Portland1 bed, 1 full bath
$249,999 : 8319 SE 70th AVE, Portland2 beds, 1 full bath
$299,900 : 16803 SE Powell View CT, Portland3 beds, 2 full baths
$236,000 : 3223 SW Corbett AVE, Unit 2, Portland1 bed, 1 full bath
$599,900 : 6420 SE Knight ST, Portland3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$325,000 : 1811 NE 106th AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 full baths
$809,900 : 1900 SW River DR, Unit N405, Portland2 beds, 2 full baths
$365,000 : 8008 SE Bush ST, Portland3 beds, 2 full baths
$1,450,000 : 4134 NE 37th AVE, Portland5 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths
$349,000 : 4815 N Gantenbein AVE, Portland3 beds, 1 full bath
$365,000 : 2659 NW Preston CT, Portland3 beds, 3 full baths
$565,000 : 2945 NE 67th AVE, Portland4 beds, 2 full baths
$250,000 : 433 N Marine DR, Portland2 beds, 1 full bath
$625,000 : 1711 SE 42nd AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 full baths
$365,000 : 630 NE 106th PL, Portland3 beds, 1 full, 1 half baths
$829,950 : 3262 NW Kinsley TER, Portland5 beds, 3 full baths
$730,995 : 13235 NW Lombardy DR, Portland4 beds, 3 full baths
$489,900 : 1902 NE 46th AVE, Portland2 beds, 1 full bath
$566,995 : 17025 NW Madrone ST, Portland5 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths
$299,000 : 11711 NE Thompson ST, Portland3 beds, 1 full bath
$520,000 : 311 SE 74th AVE, Portland4 beds, 2 full baths
$589,000 : 715 NE 81st AVE, Portland4 beds, 2 full baths
$420,000 : 1926 W Burnside ST, Unit 1011, Portland1 bed, 1 full bath
$240,000 : 11602 SE Alder ST, Portland3 beds, 1 full bath
$724,999 : 3927 NE Rodney AVE, Portland5 beds, 4 full baths
$724,999 : 3933 NE Rodney AVE, Portland5 beds, 4 full baths
$436,250 : 707 N Hayden Island DR, Unit 203, Portland2 beds, 2 full baths
$724,999 : 3923 NE Rodney AVE, Portland5 beds, 4 full baths
$599,999 : 7434 N Van Houten AVE, Portland4 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$399,900 : 4603 SE Gladstone ST, Portland2 beds, 1 full bath
$725,000 : 1925 NE Knott ST, Portland4 beds, 3 full baths
$634,990 : 14641 NW Olive ST, Unit 372, Portland4 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$599,999 : 5488 N Bowdoin ST, Portland4 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$398,000 : 4775 NW Kahneeta DR, Portland3 beds, 2 full baths
$395,000 : 5839 NW 178th AVE, Portland4 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
$399,900 : 10135 NE Failing ST, Portland3 beds, 2 full baths
$334,900 : 8913 NE Going ST, Portland4 beds, 2 full baths
$449,000 : 5640 SW Riverside LN, Unit 5, Portland2 beds, 2 full baths
$365,000 : 1400 NW Irving ST, Unit 618, Portland1 bed, 1 full bath
$350,000 : 1926 W Burnside ST, Unit 704, Portland1 bed, 1 full bath
$335,000 : 3629 SE 67th AVE, Portland3 beds, 1 full bath
See all Real estate in the city of Portland.
(all data current as of 1/17/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
What’s the Weather in Portland?
Anyone moving to Portland Oregon 2017 will want to know about Portland weather. The beautiful Pacific NW is lush and green and that’s because Mother Nature leaves the sprinklers on!
Current Weather in Portland
The Four Seasons of Portland
Portland experiences a temperate climate with mild, damp winters and relatively dry, warm summers. Like much of the Pacific Northwest, it falls within the cool, dry-summer also referred to as cool-summer Mediterranean, because of its relatively dry summers.
If you’re moving to Portland Oregon 2017, we have all four seasons!
- Summers in Portland are warm, sunny and rather dry, with August, the warmest month, averaging 79.7°F and much larger day-night variation than in winter. Because of its inland location and when there is an absence of a sea breeze, heatwaves occur (in particular during the months of July and August) with air temperatures sometimes rising over 100°F but 90°F is more commonplace. But heatwaves are rare, occurring, on average, about 14 days per year during the summer. Many people moving to Portland are amazed that A/C units aren’t found in every home.
- Winters in Portland are normally mild, and very moist, with January averaging 39.9°F. Cold snaps are short-lived, and snowfall occurs no more than a few times per year, although the city has been known to see major snow and ice storms because of the cold air outflow from the Columbia River Gorge, and Arctic blasts from Alaska.
- Springs in Portland can bring rather unpredictable weather, resulting from warm spells, to thunderstorms rolling off the Cascade Range. The rainfall averages an equivalent 37.5 inch per year in downtown Portland spread over 155 days a year.
- Fall in Portland is Spring in reverse. October being a month of Indian Summers, then heading into November, the weather cools.
The Major Employers in Portland
Most people who are moving to Portland 2017 relocate here due to job transfers or other employment opportunities. Here is a few of the major employers in the area, in no particular order:
- CH2M Hill
- Legacy Health System
- Mentor Graphics
- Oregon Steel
- Precision Castparts
- Blount International
- Columbia Sportswear
- Cascade General
- Leatherman Tool
- City of Portland
- Providence Health & Services
- more . . .
The region added 88,000 jobs between 2002 – 2007, and is projected to add an additional 76,000 between 2012-2017.
Entertainment and Recreation in Portland
WOW – where do I begin? You’re moving to Portland Oregon 2017 and want to know what to do.
- For children: The Saturday Academy, Oregon’s Children’s Theatre, OMSI, Oregon Zoo, THPRD (Tualatin Hills Parks and Recreation District) just for starters.
- For the children in all of us: Hiking trails, biking trails, Farmer’s markets, Portland theatre companies (live theatre), wonderful restaurants, driving to the Oregon coast, skiing at Mt. Hood (one of the nation’s all-year skiing resorts) . . . oh the things you can do after moving to Portland.
- Sports teams: The Portland Trailblazers (NBA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
Urban Planning in the Portland Area
Many people moving to Portland 2017 aren’t aware of the extensive planning that has gone on in year’s past, and continues to evolved. METRO is our premeire source of all things related to keeping the region green and pristine. Metro is an elected regional, local governmental body that has dedicated itself to the establishment and maintenance a the vibrant, sustainable region for business, residents and community.
Moving to Portland Oregon 2017 with children of school age requires some due diligence on the areas school districts.
- Portland Public Schools
- Beaverton Public Schools
- Hillsboro Public Schools
- Tigard-Tualatin Public Schools
- Lake Oswego Public Schools
- Clackamas Public Schools
If you’re moving to Portland 2017 and would like information on the private schools in the area, please let me know. We have secular and non-secular private schools which are very highly rated. The Oregon Department of Education keeps a yearly “Report Card” for Districts throughout the State.
Moving to Portland Oregon 2017 . . . where do I begin?
Map of Portland
Buyers Agent Portland – Buyer Focused ~~ Buyer Results
Buyers Agent Portland, LLC is an Exclusive Buyer Agency serving the Portland Metro real estate market since 1999. The brokerage only represents Home Buyers and never home sellers. If you’re looking for a home anywhere in the Portland Metro area, there is no better representation than an Exclusive Buyers Agent. We assist investors, folks relocating to Portland area, those moving to Portland in-state, home buyers who are looking to down-size or move-up and of course . . . love working with first-time buyers. I help Buyers in the Portland Metro market find exactly what they need in the Tri-County markets of Clackamas County, Multnomah County and Washington County, as well Portland cities including but not limited to:
- Beaverton homes for sale
- Tigard homes for sale
- Hillsboro homes for sale
- Lake Oswego homes for sale
- Portland homes for sale
When you’re ready, talk to an Exclusive Buyers Agent.
Exclusive Buyers Agents do not work at real estate brokerages that take listings!
An EBA’s fiduciary duty is: 100% BUYER REPRESENTATION . . . 100% of the Time.
Carla Muss-Jacobs, ABR, CEBA, e-PRO, Realtor
Buyers Agent Portland LLC
Buyers Agent Portland ~~ 100% BUYER REPRESENTATION . . . 100% of the Time