New Construction . . .
I’ve written my fair share of New Construction Homes for Sale real estate blog posts.
The Reason: Because I sell new construction! New construction is a niche and not many buyers agents have the same experience, knowledge and information. With all the blogs I’ve written on the subject, I’m happy to share a few [scroll down].
My legal background . . . over 15 years working as a legal assistant prior to becoming a licensed real estate agent . . . helps me understand the first commandment in new construction: the CONTRACT.
Most builders/owners/sellers use their OWN CONTRACTS! This means, they are prepared in their best interest. While I’m not a contract lawyer, as a buyers agents with extensive legal training and background, I do understand the legal ramifications of Contract Law 101. I read, understand and explain the contract to my clients. We go over the terms and conditions so my clients have a good grasp of what they’re signing.
This compilation should help with your new home purchase.
The Portland Metro real estate market is seeing a nice level of new construction homes for sale. Buyers are encouraged to seek their own Buyers Agent when contemplating a new home purchase. The builders / owners of new construction homes for sale in Beaverton have their own agent who is representing them. Buyers should seek out their own representative. Having a Buyers Agent is a FREE SERVICE to the buyer ~ even with new construction homes for sale.
Real Estate in Real Life: During my client’s new home construction, I gave her a very solid recommendation. Unfortunately, she didn’t take the advice. The home was built, new construction custom (not a spec) and she found many . . . MANY . . . things wrong after she moved in. This could have been totally avoided.
Keep in mind . . .
the office staff at new home subdivision sites are real estate agents of . . .
. . . the OWNER/BUILDER/SELLER!
They can not advocate in your best interests!
They can not negotiate in your best interests!
- Why Buyers Need Their Own Buyers Agent – Any buyer would do themselves a favor having their own Buyers Broker. Buyers at the new construction Sales Office, with NO buyer agency representation, not recommended!
- New Construction Homes for Sale In Beaverton – View the new construction homes for sale in Beaverton. They sure are pretty!
- New Construction Homes for Sale in Tigard – The Tigard area has a lot of really nice homes.
- Client Closed on New Construction ~ Less Than $4,000 Moved Her In – This was a wonderful transaction. Glad I was able to help my client, who by the way, was born without legs. She did not let her disability keep her from working. She saved up, got her finances in place, used USDA loan program with ZERO down and bought her dream home — NEW CONSTRUCTION!
- New Homes for Sale in Estacada New Construction – This area is often overlooked. The City of Estacada is small but growing. A very nice rural’ish area with a great commute to east side Portland and Oregon City.
- NOT New Homes for Sale in Beaverton . . . But Close Enough! ~ Okay, these homes were built a year or so ago . . . but they sure are nice!
- New Construction Homes for Sale in Hillsboro ~ Hillsboro feeds many of the high tech employers and for that reason, it is in high demand. New construction in Hillsboro is great.
- New Construction Homes for Sale in Tigard ~ The City of Tigard is also a great commute to both the Silicon Forest and Downtown Portland.
- New Construction in Beaverton ~ Did I mention how new construction in Beaverton is making it’s way? If not, check it out!
- New Construction Condos for Sale in Portland ~ For those who don’t want suburbia, new condos in Portland might be the right option of you!
- The Pros and Cons of Buying A New Construction Home ~ There are down sides, but the Pros may balance out, or beat, the cons.
- SE Portland New Construction Homes for Sale ~ SE Portland may fall into the TAX ABATEMENT areas! A good thing to consider when buying new construction: 10 years of abated taxes.
- New Construction Homes for Sale in Portland ~ Check out the Portland real estate market for new homes for sale.
- Buying New Construction Home Without a Buyer’s Agent? Why?? ~ Seriously! Why would a buyer walk into the new construction sales office and think the agent working the desk, on floor time, is their agent?!? They are the builder/owners’ agent. Have your own too!
What Is The Biggest, Single Mistake a Buyer Can Make When Buying a New Construction Home?
There is only one answer. Not having their own agent!
I can not stress that enough. There is so much to new construction and what that entails. If a buyer is unaware of what to look out for, there may be problems . . . which could be avoided by having their own agent!
Please contact me for your Free ~ One-Hour, No Obligation Consultation
Buyers Agent Portland – Buyer Focused ~~ Buyer Results
Buyers Agent Portland, LLC is an Exclusive Buyer Agency serving the Portland Metro real estate market since 1999. The brokerage only represents Home Buyers and never home sellers. If you’re looking for a home anywhere in the Portland Metro area, there is no better representation than an Exclusive Buyers Agent. We assist investors, folks relocating to Portland area, those moving to Portland in-state, home buyers who are looking to down-size or move-up and of course . . . love working with first-time buyers. I help Buyers in the Portland Metro market find exactly what they need in the Tri-County markets of Clackamas County, Multnomah County and Washington County, as well Portland cities including but not limited to:
- Beaverton homes for sale
- Tigard homes for sale
- Hillsboro homes for sale
- Lake Oswego homes for sale
- Portland homes for sale
When you’re ready, talk to an Exclusive Buyers Agent.
Exclusive Buyers Agents do not work at real estate brokerages that take listings!
An EBA’s fiduciary duty is: 100% BUYER REPRESENTATION . . . 100% of the Time.
Carla Muss-Jacobs, ABR, CEBA, e-PRO, Realtor
Buyers Agent Portland LLC
Buyers Agent Portland ~~ 100% BUYER REPRESENTATION . . . 100% of the Time