Downtown Portland, OR — For those Buyers fortunate enough to live in the heart of Downtown Portland, and for those who want to live in the heart of Downtown Portland . . . I couldn’t envy you more.
As with any Downtown area, Portland — when it comes to living spaces — the area is zoned “urban/high density.” High rises and condos comprise the immediate Downtown Portland real estate market. For those Buyers that want to “live where they work,” avoid commutes, enjoy the local Downtown amenities, Downtown is a consideration.
The immediate “Downtown” neighborhood currently has Condos For Sales with a price spread of $100,000 – to well above a Million for luxury condo units.
The Downtown Condos fall into two categories:
- New (or newer) construction, built specifically as high rise condo developments. OR . . .
- They are condo units in condo conversions of existing buildings, many of which are on the local Historical Registry.
Condo Complexes in the Downtown Portland Market:
- The Mosiac – Built in 2003 in the urban-trend of townhome-style (2 story) lofts. Located at the corner of SW 11th and Columbia. Units feature floor to ceiling windows, hardwoods, classy stainless, and Penthouses (with deeded parking.)
- Fountain Plaza / Koin Tower – The Fountain Plaza Condominiums occupy Floors 20 through 31 above KOIN TV Studios, shopping and restaurants.
- Portland Plaza – Built in 1973, the Portland Plaza was nicknamed “The Norelco Building” because the silver/black facade and rounded triangular tower looks like an electric razor. The Portland Plaza is a high-rise condo complex and has a height of 272 feet and contains 25 floors.
- Roosevelt Tower – Built in 2004, this 21 Floor high-rise is located at 934 SW Salmon St.,
- The Ambassador – Built in 1922 in the Tudor Revival architectural style, The Ambassador was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
- American Plaza – The Grant, Lincoln and Madison make up the three distinct, award-winning buildings of the Amercan Plaza.
- The Civic – Built in 2006 is a sixteen story condo tower located directly across from Providence Park and the MAX station. The are 9 penthouse suites, 56 2-bedroom units and 196 1- bedroom lofts. There is underground parking.
- The Benson Tower – Built in 2007, this 250 foot residential high-riser has 26 floors and features 58 single bedroom condominiums, 92 two bedroom condominiums and 6 penthouses
- University Park – Located near the PSU Campus, University Park (1500 SW Park Ave.) is central to Downtown, Farmers Markets and cultural events.
- Eliot Tower – A PERFECT walk score of 100. Located in the heart of Downtown Portland. the Eliot Tower is a high-rise with 223 PREMIER Condos dedicated to the memory of Thomas Lamb Eliot an Oregon pioneer.
- The Legends – Built in 1997, The Legends lives like a self-contained village in the heart of Downtown. An oasis with amenities such as: 24 hr concierge, gym, theater, restaurant, library, game/meeting rooms & more.
- Riverplace – Situated on 73 acres of undeveloped waterfront, a nationwide design competition in 1983 resulted in the current Riverplace area, including condos, a hotel, retail, restaurants, marina and athletic club. Visit Terrain.org for full details of the development of Riverplace.
- The Strand – The Strand has 189 condos and 27 two-story townhomes. The building units comprise three condominium towers, two with 11 floors and one with 13.
Downtown Portland Amenities — Things to Do in Downtown Portland — Sites of Interest
- Pioneer Courthouse Square
- Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- Keller Auditorium
- Keller Fountain Park
- Portland Art Museum
- Portland State University
- Oregon Historical Society
- Tom McCall Waterfront Park
- Portland Farmers Market at Portland State University
- Portland Farmers Market
- Restaurants located in Downtown Portland
Downtown Portland Real Estate FACTS:
- Located in Multnomah County
- Feeder Schools
- Owned Property 8%
- Rented Property 92%
To keep up-to-date on the Urban Growth of the Downtown Portland, and surrounding areas, please visit:
Condos for Sale in Downtown Portland
Condos for Sale in Zip Code 97201
$1,150,000 : 1900 SW RIVER DR N104, Portland3 beds, 3 baths
$249,900 : 859 SW BROADWAY DR 44, Portland2 beds, 0 baths
See all Real estate in the 97201 zip code.
(all data current as of 6/22/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Condos for Sale in Zip Code 97205
Sorry, but we couldn't find any results in the MLS that match the specified search criteria.
Buyers Agent Portland – Buyer Focused ~~ Buyer Results
Buyers Agent Portland, LLC is an Exclusive Buyer Agency serving the Portland Metro real estate market since 1999. The brokerage only represents Home Buyers and never home sellers. If you’re looking for a home anywhere in the Portland Metro area, there is no better representation than an Exclusive Buyers Agent. We assist investors, folks relocating to Portland area, those moving to Portland in-state, home buyers who are looking to down-size or move-up and of course . . . love working with first-time buyers. I help Buyers in the Portland Metro market find exactly what they need in the Tri-County markets of Clackamas County, Multnomah County and Washington County, as well Portland cities including but not limited to:
- Beaverton homes for sale
- Tigard homes for sale
- Hillsboro homes for sale
- Lake Oswego homes for sale
- Portland homes for sale
When you’re ready, talk to an Exclusive Buyers Agent.
Exclusive Buyers Agents do not work at real estate brokerages that take listings!
An EBA’s fiduciary duty is: 100% BUYER REPRESENTATION . . . 100% of the Time.
Carla Muss-Jacobs, ABR, CEBA, e-PRO, Realtor
Buyers Agent Portland LLC
Buyers Agent Portland ~~ 100% BUYER REPRESENTATION . . . 100% of the Time