Planning a Move to Portland?
Since then all my client who were planning to move to Portland, and did so, tell me one thing: We LOVE IT!
Downtown Portland My Favorite
The Downtown Portland area is one of my favorites — so quaint and reminds me of the wonderful ways my move to Portland has benefited me.
BREAKING NEWS — June 2015 Study: Oregon No. 2 Fastest Growing Economy Oregon is one of the fastest growing economies
- GDP growth: 4.7 percent
- Real 2012 GDP: $186.228 billion (25th highest)
- Population change: +0.87 percent (16th highest)
- Pct. increase in employment: 1.0 percent (tied-21st highest)
Oregon’s GDP growth between 2010 and 2014 was nearly three times that of the U.S. economy. The state’s durable goods manufacturing industry was the second-fastest growing sector in the nation in 2014 at a rate of 3.94 percent, almost 20 percent of Oregon’s economic growth. High-tech companies such as Intel Corp. which employs about 16,300 in Portland, dominate the durable goods manufacturing industry. This can be attributed to a reverse off-shoring trend that is occurring partially as a result of defects, delays and theft in overseas supply chain locations. Study: Oregon No. 2 Fasest Growing Economy
The current Portland Real Estate Market Report is available FREE
. . . click to ask for your copy!
Here are my top 10 reasons to move to Portland in no particular order:
- Silicon Forest Surrounding Portland are many major high-tech employers. Many employees move to Portland due to job relocation. With over 25 major high-tech companies including Intel, Tektronics, IBM, Mentor Graphics, Nike (world headquarters and several campuses within Washington County) and the countless smaller and/or independent companies that thrive in the Silicon Forest. There is no doubt that the drawing card to many folks considering a move to Portland is the lush, green Silicon Forest.Intel Corporation, the world’s leading manufacturer of semiconductors (an essential component of most consumer electronics), is Oregon’s top private employer with a work force of approximately 18,500 in 2011.
- Mt. Hood year round skiing The mountain has six ski areas: Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Ski Bowl, Cooper Spur, Snow Bunny, and Summit.
- Downtown Portland the charm of the city is apparent.
- Old Town Chinatown
- Pearl District
- South Waterfront
- Suburbs Many people moving to Portland want to live in the ‘burbs. No problem there. Suburbane Portland neighborhoods includes Eastside Portland| Clackamas and Happy Valley| Westside Suburbs | Beaverton | Orenco Station | Hillsboro | Lake Oswego | Northwest Portland | Southwest Suburbs | Sherwood | Tigard | Tualatin | West Linn | Wilsonville|
- Schools — great public and private educational institutions throughout Portland Metro. From early education with Montessori Schools for the darling pre-kindergarten group all the way up to post doctoral and advanced degrees at OHSU (Oregon Health and Sciences University).
- Weather Want to know what the weather in Portland is like here you go. YES it rains here and as everyone says, “It keeps us lush and green.” But we have the four seasons: Summers in Portland are warm, sunny and rather dry, with August, the warmest month, averaging 79.7 °F and much larger day-night variation than in winter. Many people moving to Portland are amazed that A/C units aren’t found in every home. Winters in Portland are normally mild, and very moist, with January averaging 39.9 °F. Cold snaps are short-lived, and snowfall occurs no more than a few times per year, although the city has been known to see major snow and ice storms because of the cold air outflow from the Columbia River Gorge, and Arctic blasts from Alaska. Springs in Portland can bring rather unpredictable weather, resulting from warm spells, to thunderstorms rolling off the Cascade Range. The rainfall averages an equivalent 37.5 inch per year in downtown Portland spread over 155 days a year. Fall in Portland is Spring in reverse. October being a month of Indian Summers, then heading into November, the weather cools.
- Urban Trends – Micro Brews, Farmer’s Markets, Free Flicks at the parks, Portlandia, saying “SPENDY” when we mean it might cost a little more than normal.
- No Sales Tax yes that’s correct. The State of Oregon does not have a sales tax. If you purchase something for $4.95 and hand a $5.00 bill to the clerk, you will get a Nickelback! 😉
- Affordable Real Estate ~ the Portland Metro area has some very affordable prices on housing. Compared to our West Coast neighbors of San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle and parts in between, for a metropolitan real estate market we’re very reasonable.
- Green Living ~ Oregon is also nurturing more clean tech green construction, ocean energy and nanotechnology. The Oregon Nanoscience and Microtechnologies Institute has helped 22 nanotech start-ups raise $96 million. The Oregon Wave Energy Trust aims to make the state a clean energy leader, eventually generating 500 megawatts of electricity and thousands of jobs with technology to harness the ocean’s wave power. ~ The Kiplinger Washington Letter
The Major Employers in Portland
Most people who are moving to Portland relocate here due to job transfers or other employment opportunities. Here is a few of the major employers in the area, in no particular order:
- CH2M Hill
- Legacy Health System
- Mentor Graphics
- Oregon Steel
- Precision Castparts
- Blount International
- Columbia Sportswear
- Cascade General
- Leatherman Tool
- City of Portland
- Providence Health & Services
- more . . .
The region added 88,000 jobs between 2002 and 2007, and is projected to add an additional 76,000 between 2009-2013.
Map of Portland
View Larger Map
A Sampling of Homes for Sale in Portland
$549,500 : 4677 NW CORAZON TER, Portland4 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Investors Trust Realty
$389,900 : 6533 SE 44TH AVE, Portland3 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Premiere Property Group, LLC
$419,900 : 1718 NE 11TH AVE, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$265,000 : 2151 SE 181ST AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Knipe Realty ERA Powered
$709,988 : 4155 NW ASHBROOK DR, Portland4 beds, 3 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams Sunset Corridor
$369,000 : 3215 NE 73RD AVE, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by RE/MAX Equity Group
$349,000 : 4216 SE 90TH AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Think Real Estate
$599,900 : 6423 SE MORRISON CT, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by RE/MAX Equity Group
$379,000 : 7032 SE 65TH AVE, Portland3 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Urban Pacific Real Estate
$489,990 : 5809 NW LARK MEADOW TER, Portland4 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by MORE Realty
$1,200,000 : 0841 SW GAINES ST 1310, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by The Agency, Inc
$349,000 : 16222 NW FESCUE CT, Portland3 beds, 2.5 bathsListing provided by Premiere Property Group, LLC
$500,000 : 4596 NE 72ND AVE, Portland3 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Summa - Pacific Cascade Realty
$500,000 : 4592 NE 72ND AVE, Portland3 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Summa - Pacific Cascade Realty
$344,900 : 1726 NW 143RD AVE, Portland3 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$284,500 : 2633 NW RALEIGH ST 35, Portland0 beds, 0.1 bathListing provided by FlatList.com
$265,000 : 820 NW Naito PKWY #G1, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Keller Williams-PDX Central
$449,000 : 1540 SE MARTINS ST B, Portland2 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Where, Inc
$495,000 : 3523 SE 65TH AVE, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Oregon Realty Co.
$359,000 : 18025 NW PARK VIEW BLVD, Portland3 beds, 1 bathListing provided by RE/MAX Equity Group
$429,000 : 624 SE 36TH AVE, Portland3 beds, 1 bathListing provided by High Five Properties
$849,000 : 4010 SW WESTDALE DR, Portland4 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams Realty Portland Premiere
$530,000 : 5031 SE 115TH AVE, Portland4 beds, 3.1 bathsListing provided by John L. Scott NE Portland
$479,000 : 2221 SW 1ST AVE 2421, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Oregon First
$559,500 : 1340 SE UMATILLA ST, Portland3 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$349,000 : 910 SE 42ND AVE 470, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Debbie Thomas Real Estate, Inc
$689,900 : 3124 NE DAVIS ST, Portland4 beds, 1.1 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams-PDX Central
$369,000 : 10541 NE FARGO ST, Portland6 beds, 3 bathsListing provided by Better Homes & Gardens Realty
$385,000 : 788 NW 118TH AVE 103, Portland3 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams Realty Profes.
$549,000 : 7935 SW 10TH AVE, Portland4 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Meadows Group Inc., Realtors
$172,000 : 4314 SW DICKINSON ST 18, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Keller Williams-PDX Central
$350,000 : 110 SE 139TH AVE, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Engel & Volkers West Portland
$550,000 : 32 SE 139TH AVE, Portland4 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Engel & Volkers West Portland
$389,900 : 7820 E BURNSIDE ST, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Think Real Estate
$350,000 : 1223 NE 160TH AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Maxim Properties
$395,000 : 7649 N WILLAMETTE BLVD, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices NW Real Estate
$1,395,000 : 1011 NW GLISAN ST 302, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Meadows Group Inc., Realtors
$529,000 : 420 NW 11TH AVE 920, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by ODonnell Group Realty
$409,000 : 1030 NW 12TH AVE 428, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by ODonnell Group Realty
$275,000 : 11438 SE PARDEE ST, Portland3 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Kohler Meyers O'Halloran Inc.
$399,900 : 3153 NE 89TH AVE, Portland4 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Meadows Group Inc., Realtors
$425,000 : 2280 NE 162ND AVE, Portland5 beds, 4 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams Realty Profes.
$849,900 : 2038 NE MORGAN ST, Portland4 beds, 3.1 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$1,275,000 : 294 SE SPOKANE ST B4, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Cascade Sothebys International Realty
$299,000 : 5616 NE 50TH AVE, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Keller Williams-PDX Central
$849,900 : 3001 NW VERDE VISTA TER, Portland3 beds, 3 bathsListing provided by Hasson Company
$279,900 : 2028 NE HANCOCK ST 2028, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Scout Realty Co.
$379,000 : 10121 NW JACK LN, Portland3 beds, 3 bathsListing provided by @HOME Property Group LLC
$919,500 : 3311 NW CHAPIN DR, Portland5 beds, 2.2 bathsListing provided by Hasson Company
$549,900 : 7365 SE Harrison ST, Portland4 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Living Room Realty
See all Real estate in the city of Portland.
(all data current as of 6/23/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Buyer Focused ~~ Buyer Results CALL 503.804.1466
Anne Stewart-Principal Broker, operates an elite team of real estate professionals designed to focus on Buyer Representation
Resulting in superior customer care and exemplary client services.
Moving to Portland and need to get acclimated? Want to see a home that checks all the boxes? Our level of Buyer Agency and Buyer Representation is what you need in a real estate professional! We help you navigate the home buying process step-by-step with care, attention to detail and professionalism that is not easily found in the real estate industry.
Having an agent that focuses on fiduciary vs functionary representation is a game changer in buying real estate. ~ Anne Stewart
Helping home Buyers in the following counties: Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Yamhill and Marion
The Quinn Stewart Real Estate Group at Keller Williams Realty Portland Premiere are a team of experts in buyer representation. And that’s what you want!
We are here to represent your best interests in the purchase of real estate. Relocation, Residential, new construction, Land/Lots, condos/townhomes, Move up/Move down,
Since 2001, our team has over six decades of combined experience. Have a real estate agent whose real estate practice has PROVEN RESULTS!
- Expert negotiators
- Experienced real estate professionals
- Designing unique approaches to represent you in buying property EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!
Anne Stewart – Principal Broker/Oregon Licensed ABR, GRI, CRS, e-PRO
Quinn Stewart Real Estate Group