Planning a Move to Portland?
Since then all my client who were planning to move to Portland, and did so, tell me one thing: We LOVE IT!
Downtown Portland My Favorite
The Downtown Portland area is one of my favorites — so quaint and reminds me of the wonderful ways my move to Portland has benefited me.
BREAKING NEWS — June 2015 Study: Oregon No. 2 Fastest Growing Economy Oregon is one of the fastest growing economies
- GDP growth: 4.7 percent
- Real 2012 GDP: $186.228 billion (25th highest)
- Population change: +0.87 percent (16th highest)
- Pct. increase in employment: 1.0 percent (tied-21st highest)
Oregon’s GDP growth between 2010 and 2014 was nearly three times that of the U.S. economy. The state’s durable goods manufacturing industry was the second-fastest growing sector in the nation in 2014 at a rate of 3.94 percent, almost 20 percent of Oregon’s economic growth. High-tech companies such as Intel Corp. which employs about 16,300 in Portland, dominate the durable goods manufacturing industry. This can be attributed to a reverse off-shoring trend that is occurring partially as a result of defects, delays and theft in overseas supply chain locations. Study: Oregon No. 2 Fasest Growing Economy
The current Portland Real Estate Market Report is available FREE
. . . click to ask for your copy!
Here are my top 10 reasons to move to Portland in no particular order:
- Silicon Forest Surrounding Portland are many major high-tech employers. Many employees move to Portland due to job relocation. With over 25 major high-tech companies including Intel, Tektronics, IBM, Mentor Graphics, Nike (world headquarters and several campuses within Washington County) and the countless smaller and/or independent companies that thrive in the Silicon Forest. There is no doubt that the drawing card to many folks considering a move to Portland is the lush, green Silicon Forest.Intel Corporation, the world’s leading manufacturer of semiconductors (an essential component of most consumer electronics), is Oregon’s top private employer with a work force of approximately 18,500 in 2011.
- Mt. Hood year round skiing The mountain has six ski areas: Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Ski Bowl, Cooper Spur, Snow Bunny, and Summit.
- Downtown Portland the charm of the city is apparent.
- Old Town Chinatown
- Pearl District
- South Waterfront
- Suburbs Many people moving to Portland want to live in the ‘burbs. No problem there. Suburbane Portland neighborhoods includes Eastside Portland| Clackamas and Happy Valley| Westside Suburbs | Beaverton | Orenco Station | Hillsboro | Lake Oswego | Northwest Portland | Southwest Suburbs | Sherwood | Tigard | Tualatin | West Linn | Wilsonville|
- Schools — great public and private educational institutions throughout Portland Metro. From early education with Montessori Schools for the darling pre-kindergarten group all the way up to post doctoral and advanced degrees at OHSU (Oregon Health and Sciences University).
- Weather Want to know what the weather in Portland is like here you go. YES it rains here and as everyone says, “It keeps us lush and green.” But we have the four seasons: Summers in Portland are warm, sunny and rather dry, with August, the warmest month, averaging 79.7 °F and much larger day-night variation than in winter. Many people moving to Portland are amazed that A/C units aren’t found in every home. Winters in Portland are normally mild, and very moist, with January averaging 39.9 °F. Cold snaps are short-lived, and snowfall occurs no more than a few times per year, although the city has been known to see major snow and ice storms because of the cold air outflow from the Columbia River Gorge, and Arctic blasts from Alaska. Springs in Portland can bring rather unpredictable weather, resulting from warm spells, to thunderstorms rolling off the Cascade Range. The rainfall averages an equivalent 37.5 inch per year in downtown Portland spread over 155 days a year. Fall in Portland is Spring in reverse. October being a month of Indian Summers, then heading into November, the weather cools.
- Urban Trends – Micro Brews, Farmer’s Markets, Free Flicks at the parks, Portlandia, saying “SPENDY” when we mean it might cost a little more than normal.
- No Sales Tax yes that’s correct. The State of Oregon does not have a sales tax. If you purchase something for $4.95 and hand a $5.00 bill to the clerk, you will get a Nickelback! 😉
- Affordable Real Estate ~ the Portland Metro area has some very affordable prices on housing. Compared to our West Coast neighbors of San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle and parts in between, for a metropolitan real estate market we’re very reasonable.
- Green Living ~ Oregon is also nurturing more clean tech green construction, ocean energy and nanotechnology. The Oregon Nanoscience and Microtechnologies Institute has helped 22 nanotech start-ups raise $96 million. The Oregon Wave Energy Trust aims to make the state a clean energy leader, eventually generating 500 megawatts of electricity and thousands of jobs with technology to harness the ocean’s wave power. ~ The Kiplinger Washington Letter
The Major Employers in Portland
Most people who are moving to Portland relocate here due to job transfers or other employment opportunities. Here is a few of the major employers in the area, in no particular order:
- CH2M Hill
- Legacy Health System
- Mentor Graphics
- Oregon Steel
- Precision Castparts
- Blount International
- Columbia Sportswear
- Cascade General
- Leatherman Tool
- City of Portland
- Providence Health & Services
- more . . .
The region added 88,000 jobs between 2002 and 2007, and is projected to add an additional 76,000 between 2009-2013.
Map of Portland
View Larger Map
A Sampling of Homes for Sale in Portland
$500,000 : 7430 SW CAPITOL HWY, Portland3 beds, 3.1 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$509,800 : 8450 SW BROOKRIDGE ST, Portland4 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices NW Real Estate
$575,000 : 200 NE 71ST AVE, Portland4 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by RE/MAX Equity Group
$545,000 : 3570 SW RIVER PKWY 403, Portland1 bed, 2 bathsListing provided by Quick & Associates Real Estate
$325,000 : 1500 SW 5TH AVE, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by John L. Scott NE Portland
$374,900 : 3424 SE 166TH PL, Portland4 beds, 3 bathsListing provided by Portland Digs
$395,000 : 5017 SE 106TH AVE, Portland3 beds, 1.1 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams-PDX Central
3 beds, 1.1 bathsListing provided by H & H Preferred Real Estate
$485,000 : 7438 SW CAPITOL HWY, Portland3 beds, 3.1 bathsListing provided by Hasson Company
$369,900 : 13837 NE SHAVER ST, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Maxim Properties
$550,000 : 12120 SW LESSER RD, Portland4 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Knipe Realty ERA Powered
$375,000 : 7004 SE 116TH AVE, Portland4 beds, 3 bathsListing provided by Latitude Realty LLC
$339,000 : 3221 NW BANFF DR, Portland3 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Premiere Property Group, LLC
$329,900 : 2525 N KILLINGSWORTH ST 307, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Vintage Real Estate
$449,900 : 2610 N DEKUM ST, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams Realty Profes.
$199,000 : 1506 SW BROADWAY DR, Portland3 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams-PDX Central
$190,000 : 20 NW 16TH AVE 405, Portland0 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Keller Williams Realty Portland Premiere
$175,000 : 400 NE 100TH AVE 107, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$395,000 : 9126 SE TAGGART ST, Portland4 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Rock Creek Realty Group
$739,900 : 7700 SW BROADMOOR TER, Portland2 beds, 3 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams-PDX Central
$329,900 : 4617 NE 86TH AVE, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Coldwell Banker Bain
$254,999 : 3339 SE 143RD AVE, Portland3 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams-PDX Central
$367,000 : 6012 SE 87TH AVE, Portland5 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Living Room Realty
$379,900 : 2220 SE 76TH AVE, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Georgetown Realty Inc.
$249,900 : 3220 SE 160TH AVE, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Redfin
$399,000 : 8403 SE CLATSOP CT, Portland4 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams-PDX Central
$525,000 : 4405 NE 49TH AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by RE/MAX Equity Group
$259,900 : 11447 SE LONG ST, Portland3 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Residential Realty Northwest
$279,000 : 5634 SE 101ST AVE, Portland3 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Home Sweet Home Realty, LLC
$629,900 : 1255 NW 9TH AVE 401, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Living Room Realty
$499,900 : 5830 N ATLANTIC AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$875,000 : 2004 SW 18TH AVE, Portland3 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$550,000 : 4070 N VANCOUVER AVE, Portland3 beds, 1.1 bathsListing provided by Hasson Company
$365,000 : 3144 NE 80TH AVE, Portland3 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Redfin
$435,000 : 1806 SE MILLER ST, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Redfin
$317,500 : 8718 N HARTMAN ST, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$649,000 : 2222 NW HOYT ST 101, Portland1 bed, 1.1 bathsListing provided by Meadows Group Inc., Realtors
$469,900 : 1685 SW GLENVIEW AVE, Portland4 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Redfin
$277,500 : 11742 SE WASHINGTON ST, Portland4 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Oregon Realty Co.
$339,900 : 13224 NE COUCH ST, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Mal & Seitz
$369,950 : 3737 NE 74TH AVE, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Windermere West LLC
$360,000 : 220 SE 151ST AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$639,000 : 2547 SE 131ST AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by RE/MAX Equity Group
$749,900 : 5430 NE 24TH AVE, Portland4 beds, 3.1 bathsListing provided by Real Estate Performance Group
$172,000 : 1829 NW LOVEJOY ST 314, Portland0 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$579,950 : 2752 NW UPSHUR ST, Portland3 beds, 1.1 bathsListing provided by Pacific Realty Northwest LLC
$539,900 : 5926 NE 15TH AVE, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Park Place Real Estate, Inc
$699,900 : 3740 SE SHERMAN ST, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Hasson Company
$449,900 : 601 NE 113TH AVE, Portland5 beds, 3 bathsListing provided by Kelly Right Real Estate of Portland, LLC
$319,900 : 350 NW 116TH AVE 105, Portland2 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams-PDX Central
See all Real estate in the city of Portland.
(all data current as of 11/16/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Buyer Focused ~~ Buyer Results CALL 503.804.1466
Anne Stewart-Principal Broker, operates an elite team of real estate professionals designed to focus on Buyer Representation
Resulting in superior customer care and exemplary client services.
Moving to Portland and need to get acclimated? Want to see a home that checks all the boxes? Our level of Buyer Agency and Buyer Representation is what you need in a real estate professional! We help you navigate the home buying process step-by-step with care, attention to detail and professionalism that is not easily found in the real estate industry.
Having an agent that focuses on fiduciary vs functionary representation is a game changer in buying real estate. ~ Anne Stewart
Helping home Buyers in the following counties: Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Yamhill and Marion
The Quinn Stewart Real Estate Group at Keller Williams Realty Portland Premiere are a team of experts in buyer representation. And that’s what you want!
We are here to represent your best interests in the purchase of real estate. Relocation, Residential, new construction, Land/Lots, condos/townhomes, Move up/Move down,
Since 2001, our team has over six decades of combined experience. Have a real estate agent whose real estate practice has PROVEN RESULTS!
- Expert negotiators
- Experienced real estate professionals
- Designing unique approaches to represent you in buying property EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!
Anne Stewart – Principal Broker/Oregon Licensed ABR, GRI, CRS, e-PRO
Quinn Stewart Real Estate Group