Downtown Portland Moving to Portland
Downtown Portland Moving to Portland ~ Portland, OR For those Buyers fortunate enough to live in the heart of Downtown Portland, and for those who want to live in the heart of Downtown Portland . . . I couldn’t envy you more.
As with any Downtown area, Portland — when it comes to living spaces — the area is zoned “urban/high density.” High rises and condos comprise the immediate Downtown Portland real estate market. For those Buyers that want to “live where they work,” avoid commutes, enjoy the local Downtown amenities, Downtown is a consideration.
The immediate “Downtown” neighborhood currently has Condos For Sales with a price spread to well above a Million for luxury condo units.
The Downtown Condos fall into two categories:
- New (or newer) construction, built specifically as high rise condo developments. OR . . .
- They are condo units in condo conversions of existing buildings, many of which are on the local Historical Registry.
Condo Complexes in the Downtown Portland Market:
- The Mosiac – Built in 2003 in the urban-trend of townhome-style (2 story) lofts. Located at the corner of SW 11th and Columbia. Units feature floor to ceiling windows, hardwoods, classy stainless, and Penthouses (with deeded parking.)
- Fountain Plaza / Koin Tower – The Fountain Plaza Condominiums occupy Floors 20 through 31 above KOIN TV Studios, shopping and restaurants.
- Portland Plaza – Built in 1973, the Portland Plaza was nicknamed “The Norelco Building” because the silver/black facade and rounded triangular tower looks like an electric razor. The Portland Plaza is a high-rise condo complex and has a height of 272 feet and contains 25 floors.
- Roosevelt Tower – Built in 2004, this 21 Floor high-rise is located at 934 SW Salmon St.,
- The Ambassador – Built in 1922 in the Tudor Revival architectural style, The Ambassador was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
- American Plaza – The Grant, Lincoln and Madison make up the three distinct, award-winning buildings of the Amercan Plaza.
- The Civic – Built in 2006 is a sixteen story condo tower located directly across from Providence Park and the MAX station. The are 9 penthouse suites, 56 2-bedroom units and 196 1- bedroom lofts. There is underground parking.
Downtown Portland Moving to Portland
- The Benson Tower – Built in 2007, this 250 foot residential high-riser has 26 floors and features 58 single bedroom condominiums, 92 two bedroom condominiums and 6 penthouses
- University Park – Located near the PSU Campus, University Park (1500 SW Park Ave.) is central to Downtown, Farmers Markets and cultural events.
- Eliot Tower – A PERFECT walk score of 100. Located in the heart of Downtown Portland. the Eliot Tower is a high-rise with 223 PREMIER Condos dedicated to the memory of Thomas Lamb Eliot an Oregon pioneer.
- The Legends – Built in 1997, The Legends lives like a self-contained village in the heart of Downtown. An oasis with amenities such as: 24 hr concierge, gym, theater, restaurant, library, game/meeting rooms & more.
- Riverplace – Situated on 73 acres of undeveloped waterfront, a nationwide design competition in 1983 resulted in the current Riverplace area, including condos, a hotel, retail, restaurants, marina and athletic club. Visit Terrain.org for full details of the development of Riverplace.
- The Strand – The Strand has 189 condos and 27 two-story townhomes. The building units comprise three condominium towers, two with 11 floors and one with 13.
Downtown Portland Amenities — Things to Do in Downtown Portland — Sites of Interest
- Pioneer Courthouse Square
- Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- Keller Auditorium
- Keller Fountain Park
- Portland Art Museum
- Portland State University
- Oregon Historical Society
- Tom McCall Waterfront Park
- Portland Farmers Market at Portland State University
- Portland Farmers Market
- Restaurants located in Downtown Portland
Downtown Portland Real Estate FACTS:
- Located in Multnomah County
- Feeder Schools
- Champman Elementary
- East/West Sylvan Middle School
- Lincoln High School
- Owned Property 8%
- Rented Property 92%
To keep up-to-date on the Urban Growth of the Downtown Portland, and surrounding areas, please visit:
- Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- Portland Development Commission
View Larger Map
Condos for Sale in Zip Code 97201
$899,900 : 1500 SW 11TH AVE 2404, Portland2 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$325,000 : 1500 SW 5TH AVE 402, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by John L. Scott NE Portland
$439,000 : 1900 SW RIVER DR N506, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by BC Realty
$365,000 : 2221 SW 1ST AVE 521, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by ZAD Realty & Property Management, LLC
$325,000 : 111 SW HARRISON ST 17B, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$569,000 : 1500 SW 5TH AVE 2406, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$338,500 : 255 SW HARRISON ST 2D, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by The Rian Group Real Estate
$699,900 : 1930 SW RIVER DR W109, Portland2 beds, 3 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$375,000 : 1910 SW 18TH AVE 47, Portland2 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Pacific Realty Northwest LLC
$1,025,000 : 1625 SW MONTGOMERY ST A, Portland4 beds, 4.1 bathsListing provided by Soldera Properties, Inc
$385,000 : 1910 SW 18TH AVE 43, Portland2 beds, 1.1 bathsListing provided by RE/MAX Preferred Inc., REALTORS
$1,375,000 : 1920 SW RIVER DR 901, Portland2 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Luxe Christie's International Real Estate
$315,000 : 255 SW HARRISON ST 16F, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$339,000 : 1822 SW 18TH AVE 6, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$213,500 : 1134 SW JEFFERSON ST 402, Portland0 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Meadows Group Inc., Realtors
$392,999 : 2024 SW HOWARDS WAY 404, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Portland Digs
$299,000 : 111 SW HARRISON ST 18C, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Rose City Realty Group
$372,000 : 1500 SW 11TH AVE 2305, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$220,000 : 1134 SW JEFFERSON ST 603, Portland0 beds, 1 bathListing provided by The Rian Group Real Estate
$410,000 : 1500 SW 5TH AVE 1505, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by City of Bridges Realty
$459,000 : 1900 SW RIVER DR 603, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Highrises.com
$307,000 : 255 SW HARRISON ST 14B, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by The Agency, Inc
$569,900 : 255 SW HARRISON ST TH11, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Keller Williams Realty Portland Premiere
$1,475,000 : 1920 SW RIVER DR E801, Portland2 beds, 2.1 bathsListing provided by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices NW Real Estate
$350,000 : 1500 SW PARK AVE 411, Portland2 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Hasson Company
$228,000 : 1205 SW CARDINELL DR 510, Portland0 beds, 1 bathListing provided by Century 21 Wright & Assoc.
$489,000 : 2024 SW HOWARDS WAY 102, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Highrises.com
$655,000 : 2309 SW 1ST AVE 2143, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Premiere Property Group, LLC
$729,100 : 225 SW MONTGOMERY ST G-9, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Premiere Property Group, LLC
$819,000 : 2218 SW HOFFMAN AVE, Portland3 beds, 2.2 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$539,000 : 1500 SW 11TH AVE 2002, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Bella Casa Real Estate Group
$899,500 : 1920 SW RIVER DR E1104, Portland2 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$235,000 : 255 SW HARRISON ST 3C, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Windermere Realty Trust
$550,000 : 2020 SW MARKET STREET DR 303, Portland1 bed, 1 bathListing provided by Realty Trust Urban
$749,850 : 111 SW HARRISON ST 20B, Portland3 beds, 2 bathsListing provided by City of Bridges Realty
See all Real estate in the 97201 zip code.
(all data current as of 11/20/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Zip Code 97205 ~ Condos for Sale
We're sorry, but it seems that we're having some problems loading properties from our database. Please check back soon.
Buyer Focused ~~ Buyer Results CALL 503.804.1466
Anne Stewart-Principal Broker, operates an elite team of real estate professionals designed to focus on Buyer Representation
Resulting in superior customer care and exemplary client services.
Moving to Portland and need to get acclimated? Want to see a home that checks all the boxes? Our level of Buyer Agency and Buyer Representation is what you need in a real estate professional! We help you navigate the home buying process step-by-step with care, attention to detail and professionalism that is not easily found in the real estate industry.
Having an agent that focuses on fiduciary vs functionary representation is a game changer in buying real estate. ~ Anne Stewart
Helping home Buyers in the following counties: Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Yamhill and Marion
The Quinn Stewart Real Estate Group at Keller Williams Realty Portland Premiere are a team of experts in buyer representation. And that’s what you want!
We are here to represent your best interests in the purchase of real estate. Relocation, Residential, new construction, Land/Lots, condos/townhomes, Move up/Move down,
Since 2001, our team has over six decades of combined experience. Have a real estate agent whose real estate practice has PROVEN RESULTS!
- Expert negotiators
- Experienced real estate professionals
- Designing unique approaches to represent you in buying property EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!
Anne Stewart – Principal Broker/Oregon Licensed ABR, GRI, CRS, e-PRO
Quinn Stewart Real Estate Group