Southeast Portland stretches from the warehouses along the Willamette through historic Ladd’s Addition to the Hawthorne and Belmont districts out to Gresham. Southeast Portland has blue-collar roots and has evolved to encompass a wide mix of backgrounds. The Hawthorne district in particular is known for its hippie/radical crowd and small subculturally oriented shops; not far away is Reed College, whose campus expands from Woodstock Boulevard to Steele Street, and from the 28th to the 39th Avenues.
Between the 1920s and the 1960s, Southeast was home to Lambert Gardens. Southeast Portland also features Mt. Tabor, a cinder cone volcano that has become one of Portland’s more scenic and popular parks. Peacock Lane is a street known locally for lavish Christmas decorations and displays.
Southeast Portland Neighborhoods
- Ardenwald-Johnson Creek
- Ladds Addition
- Mt. Scott-Arleta
- Mt. Tabor
- North Tabor
- South Tabor
Southeast Portland History of Neighborhood Theaters
- Academy Theater Opened in 1948, the Montavilla neighborhood theater closed in the 1970s and fell into disrepair. After an extensive renovation, it reopened in 2006.
- Avalon Theater The Avalon opened in the 1920s as the Sunnyside Theatre. It was renamed the Avalon in 1935.
- Bagdad Theater and Pub Universal Pictures built the Bagdad, now part of the local McMenamins chain, in 1927 for $100,000. In 1975, it hosted the Oregon premiere of “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” with Jack Nicholson, Louise Fletcher and Michael Douglas.
- Clinton Street Theater The Clinton, opened in 1915, is the city’s oldest operating theater. It’s best known for showing cult classic “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” every Saturday at midnight since 1978. The theater says it’s the longest-running “Rocky Horror” in the world.
- Laurelhurst Theater The Art Deco theater was built in 1923 and almost met its demise during the multiplex-dominated 1980s. In 2000, the theater was renovated into a theater/pub and now features four theaters.
- Moreland Theater The Moorish-style theater opened in 1926. The theater shows first-run movies and retains a devoted neighborhood following.
Homes for Sale in SE Portland
- List View
- Map View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 7/16/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Buyer Focused ~~ Buyer Results CALL 503.804.1466
Anne Stewart-Principal Broker, operates an elite team of real estate professionals designed to focus on Buyer Representation
Resulting in superior customer care and exemplary client services.
Moving to Portland and need to get acclimated? Want to see a home that checks all the boxes? Our level of Buyer Agency and Buyer Representation is what you need in a real estate professional! We help you navigate the home buying process step-by-step with care, attention to detail and professionalism that is not easily found in the real estate industry.
Having an agent that focuses on fiduciary vs functionary representation is a game changer in buying real estate. ~ Anne Stewart
Helping home Buyers in the following counties: Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Yamhill and Marion
The Quinn Stewart Real Estate Group at Keller Williams Realty Portland Premiere are a team of experts in buyer representation. And that’s what you want!
We are here to represent your best interests in the purchase of real estate. Relocation, Residential, new construction, Land/Lots, condos/townhomes, Move up/Move down,
Since 2001, our team has over six decades of combined experience. Have a real estate agent whose real estate practice has PROVEN RESULTS!
- Expert negotiators
- Experienced real estate professionals
- Designing unique approaches to represent you in buying property EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!
Anne Stewart – Principal Broker/Oregon Licensed ABR, GRI, CRS, e-PRO
Quinn Stewart Real Estate Group